Thursday, December 09, 2010

Why I love the Church












This quote from Kevin Deyoung's and Ted Kluck's book "Why We're Not Emergent" sums up very well my sentiments of late regarding the church;

" I was really enjoying my church and the friendships I'd made there with people who weren't like me- people who were older and sat in cubicles for a living, people who knew nothing about movies, and people with or without advanced college degrees. I felt as if there was real diversity there- a diversity that I would miss if I started meeting with other white, college educated artsy types in a coffee shop church"

I highly recommend this book as it is has been a great summary of the emergent movement in the church as well as a defendant for the truth.

Gooooood read all around! Four Thumbs and a Partridge in a Pear Tree up!

No comments: